Where bowlers of all levels come together to talk about bowling ...    

Welcome to the Bowlers Den, where bowlers of all levels come together to discuss bowling.

Whether you are looking for help selecting the best bowling ball, assistance overcoming tough lane conditions, or are simply interested in conversing with others who share your love for bowling the den is for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access to our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Bowlers Den - Bowling Forum > The Pro Shop - Equipment talk > Coverstock Prep, Drilling & Layouts

Old 03-17-2012, 05:25 AM
nev

Default Finding the V.A.L

In having a spot of trouble understanding how to find the Vertical access line on a ball

OK so I know my PAP and now have to layout a ball
So the drilling sheet tells me the distance Pin to Pap ok all good

Easy Now I need a val ??
I know Storm balls have a pin Buffer and you draw a radius around the pin and then a line from this radius to you PAP this give you the VAL to then find you center of grip

So what about other balls say a Hammer Taboo
They say put the Mas Bias in a strong position
Is this a guess or is there a measurement

What about other balls

Am I missing something
Old 03-17-2012, 12:43 PM
kingpin
Administrator

Ive never taken time to understand exactly how or why things work the way they do - I just get them drilled and roll em.

I did a quick search and found a lengthy explanation of "The Angle to the VAL" though > Not sure it is what you are looking for, but it might help you out.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:37 AM
nev

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingpin View Post
Ive never taken time to understand exactly how or why things work the way they do - I just get them drilled and roll em.

I did a quick search and found a lengthy explanation of "The Angle to the VAL" though > Not sure it is what you are looking for, but it might help you out.
Thanks
But thats all about Dual Angle Layouts
I'm after the old way of laying out a ball
Funny thing no one can tell me
So I assume it used to be all guess work