Where bowlers of all levels come together to talk about bowling ...    

Welcome to the Bowlers Den, where bowlers of all levels come together to discuss bowling.

Whether you are looking for help selecting the best bowling ball, assistance overcoming tough lane conditions, or are simply interested in conversing with others who share your love for bowling the den is for you!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access to our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.
Go Back   Bowlers Den - Bowling Forum > The Lounge - All the Gossip > Bowling Headlines

Old 03-17-2012, 12:52 PM
kingpin
Administrator

Default Growing Up Bowling At AMF

Remember back in the day when there were no cell phones, no Facebook, no DVRs to catch up on to entertain your nights. When all kids needed for a good time was a few friends and a ball. If memories are fading of days gone by, now is a good time to gather kids and friends of all ages at your closest bowling alley for laughter, spirit, and camaraderie the old fashioned kind.

Read More
Old 03-19-2012, 06:55 PM
FROGLEGS

Red face AMEN KINGPIN,I love your post

I remember also as a kid in the bowling alleys,there were above ground ball returns in some of them and there were no cell phones,no announcements made during scratch leagues(AT LEAST THE ONES THAT I AND MY FATHER GOT TO GO WATCH),there also were known of these steroid/resin bowling balls. I don't wish I was a kid again but I do miss the days of urethane,rubber and plastic. It was a lot more of a thinking man's game back then. There also wasn't a whole lot of house babies with attitudes running around bragging and getting an attitude with other bowlers because,they were averaging 220-230 in league but they only bowled in one house. When I was back in New York,back in the day,these punks and losers would either get embarrassed or get the hell beat of them for shooting their mouths off to the wrong people on the lanes. God how I wish these days still existed!!!